With the rise of virtual communication, online mediation has been growing rapidly in popularity. Before you get started with your session, here are a few tips to help ensure you have a positive experience.
- Make sure the location you choose is a quiet space, free from interruptions. If possible, try to find a room that has minimal noise and traffic. If this isn’t possible then bring along some earplugs or headphones so that you aren’t distracted by what’s going on around you.
- You may also want to consider bringing along a notebook so that you can take notes during the mediation session. This will help ensure that there are no misunderstandings about what was said or agreed upon during the process.
- Make sure your internet connection is strong and reliable. If you’re using a mobile device, make sure that you have a strong signal and battery life so that you don’t lose connection during the session.
- Make sure your internet connection is strong, and that your technology is up to date. The last thing you want is for the session to be interrupted by technical difficulties.
- If you are going to use any visual aids, such as documents or photos, make sure they are all ready beforehand so that they can be accessed quickly during the session without causing any delays or confusion.
- If possible, try not to schedule other appointments or meetings during your mediation session so that there’s no chance of missing them due to technical issues or bad timing, or other unforeseen circumstances.
While online mediation may not be for everyone, it is an option that you should consider. If you’re willing to properly prepare for it and take a little extra time to familiarize yourself with the process and technology, it can be an excellent way for you to reach an agreement and move forward in your dispute from the convenience of your home.
Get Started With Mediation
Have questions? Book a consultation with a professional mediator.